Washington University Urology is committed to helping you manage your health and is now offering virtual patient visits. To learn more, please visit Washington University Physicians.
To schedule a virtual visit with a urologist, please call 314-362-8200 or complete our Online Appointment Request Form.
Washington University Urology is currently offering treatment for patients with these conditions:
- Urologic cancers
- Elevated PSA
- Enlarged prostate
- Erectile dysfunction
- Female urinary incontinence
- Kidney stones
What is a virtual visit?
A virtual visit is a secure and easy way to connect with a Washington University urologist in the comfort of your own home. These visits are conducted by video or phone, in real time, through your computer or phone.
When you virtually meet with one of our specialists, your visit will be very similar to what you would experience during a traditional in-person appointment: You will be able to discuss your concerns with your provider, you will be evaluated and asked questions. Your provider may order any necessary tests, prescribe medication as necessary, and you will be given a treatment plan and follow-up instructions.
What are the benefits of a virtual visit?
- Receive quick care from a specialist in the comfort of your own home.
- Private and secure. After your visit, your information will be stored in your patient record.
How does a virtual visit work?
- You will be asked to either create or access an existing MyChart.
- Through MyChart, you will complete and submit a virtual visit consent form, and check in for your visit at least one day before your appointment time.
- Most virtual visits are conducted via Zoom, a HIPAA-compliant video tool for your phone or computer. If you will be using your smartphone or tablet, please download Zoom.
- If you will be using a computer for your visit, you do not have to install the app—your visit will begin when you click your meeting link.
- If you are unable to conduct a virtual visit through Zoom, we will discuss alternative ways for your virtual visit.
How do I get ready for a virtual visit?
- If you have MyChart, complete your eCheck-in at least one day before your appointment. If you need help with eCheck-in, call the MyChart Support Desk at (314) 273-1966.
- We will send you instructions on starting the visit (via phone or Zoom) at your scheduled time.
- If your virtual visit will be a video visit and you will be using your smartphone or tablet, please download Zoom, the HIPPA-compliant video conferencing tool that will be used for your appointment. If you will be using a desktop or laptop computer for your visit, you do not have to install the app. Your visit will begin when you click your meeting link.
- Find a quiet, private space for your visit.
How do I pay for a virtual visit?
Just as an in-person office visit, we will bill your insurance for your virtual visit. If there is a co-pay, you may be asked to pay it during eCheck-in.