What is the purpose of a registry?
- To identify patients at high risk for colorectal cancer and help with the selection of screening tests and therapy
- To provide counseling and genetic testing, as appropriate
- To provide patients with educational events and literature on inherited colorectal cancer syndromes
- To educate health care professionals about inherited colorectal cancer syndromes and clinical care
- To provide opportunities for clinically relevant research on inherited colorectal cancer
- To provide events such as FAP Day, which includes lectures by physicians and informational booths as well as an opportunity to network with other FAP families